Spend your summer training with the world’s leading youth theatre while exploring London’s illustrious theatre scene.
From the hottest Hamilton tickets, to pop up shows on the Southbank, London boasts some of the world’s most iconic theatrical experiences. Peppered with hit performances and surprises across over 200 theatres, the capital makes the perfect place to spend a summer soaking it all up.
Alongside a plethora of shows and backstage tours the National Youth Theatre are inviting a group of young people to work with their industry based associates across three weeks. As well and seeing some of the best shows in town, you will also take part in a three week course developing your talent with some of the profession’s top theatremakers, and even get the chance to perform on a West End stage in the heart of ‘Theatreland’.
The National Youth Theatre was established in 1956 as the first youth theatre in the world. Over the past 62 years they have nurtured the talent of hundreds of thousands of young people and proved to be an influential starting point for many famous alumni, including Helen Mirren, Daniel Craig, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Hugh Bonneville to name a few. As well as showcasing some of the UK’s most prolific performers the National Youth Theatre continue to platform young talent in leading venues across the UK and all over the globe.
- Be a part of the action this summer and enjoy everything the capital has to offer alongside developing your performance technique.
NYT’s top five things to do in London this summer
- Regent Park Open Air Theatre – Every summer this alfresco theatre provides the perfect evening of entertainment in the heart of one of London’s most loved outdoor space. This year you can expect Peter Pan, Little Shop of Horrors, As You Like It and The Turn Of The Screw.
- Southbank Summertime Festival – Soak up the atmosphere and amble along the Thames and you won’t miss this lively free festival celebrating visual art and interactive installations. You’ll also find a tasty lunch in the nearby food market with a choice of light bites from around the world.
- Hampstead Heath –Nestled amongst hilly North London, enjoy beautiful views and even brave a swim in the ponds.
- Rooftop Film Club – Catch the London skyline along with your favourite movie of 2018 or a classic at these great little pop up cinemas in Shoreditch, Peckham and Stratford.
- Park life – London boasts some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces,which are often filled with open air events and shows. Head to Greenwich Park to see the city skyline from the south, a view spectacled with London’s historical gems and latest landmarks.
London welcomed nearly 4,000 French students last year, who are studying in higher education institutions across the city. Study London spoke to three of the French finalists in the Mayor of London’s International Student Innovation Award about why they chose to study in London. Félicie Eymard always dreamed of studying in London. The creator of […]
For Nigerian student Dr Eyenimi Ndiomu, London’s position as an international business hub is one of the key benefits of studying in London. Founder of Ubenwa – a mobile app that detects whether a newborn baby is struggling to breathe – Eyenimi was recently shortlisted for the International Student Innovation Award. Before coming to London, […]
Indian student Surabhi Mittal comments on her experience of studying in the capital For Indian student Surabhi Mittal, her passion for design lead her to London to study at University of the Art’s Central Saint Martins. Shortlisted for the inaugural International Student Innovation Award for her Paper Mache Tea Set, Surabhi spoke to Study London […]
Performance artist Marta Benaglia gave an electrifying aerial performance at the International Student Innovation Showcase and Award ceremony held at UAL’s Central Saint Martins on 2 November. Marta, an Italian student studying Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship at Goldsmiths, University of London, performed her ‘Hibyan Sky’ routine in front of more than 200 guests at the […]
Luca Alessandrini, a student from Italy, was crowned ‘London’s most innovative international student’ at a celebratory event in London yesterday. Luca beat off fierce competition from hundreds of other international students from 49 different countries to win the £10,000 International Student Innovation Award. A potential game changer in the music industry, Luca has created two […]
Uber Study London have teamed up with Uber and we are delighted to announce that your first trip in London is on us. Simply download the app and use the code STUDYLONDON to claim your free journey up to £15! Find out more about Uber and claim your free trip here remember to use promo code […]
The 2014 World Reputation Rankings by Times Higher Education list the 100 most prestigious universities in the world. This list features 10 UK universities, with 6 of these located in London! Imperial College London, in 13th place, has the strongest reputation amongst the London universities. This is followed by the London School of Economics and […]
Times Higher Education has ranked universities worldwide according to their international outlook. The ranking measured each university’s international student numbers, its percentage of international staff and the proportion of internationally co-authored research. Extensive international networks and collaborations help universities to attract the best academics and the brightest students. Of the top 25 international universities, 10 […]
London is a diverse and exciting city with some of the world’s best sights and attractions. There is so much to see and do outside of the classroom that you’ll never be bored: Culture: London is home to hundreds of galleries and museums, from the Tate Modern to the Royal Academy of Arts. Theatre: London has the best theatre […]