A number of London’s universities offer scholarships for international students looking to study a masters degree to help cover the costs of studying in London.
The list of scholarships below is a small selection of the postgraduate scholarships currently available in London for students who want to start studying in September 2016. Please search the Scholarships Database for a complete list of scholarships available.
- Birkbeck International Merit Scholarships: £4,000 tuition fee discount is available for students from India, Thailand and Vietnam.
- The Brunel International Scholarship: 15% discount on tuition fees is available for international students.
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship: 15% discount on tuition fee is available.
- International Merit Scholarship: Scholarships are worth £1,000 for Masters degrees or £1,500 for MBAs and are awarded based on academic merit.
- Goldsmiths Excellence Fee Waiver: 30% discount on tuition fees is available.
- Goldsmiths International Postgraduate Scholarship: A £5,000 tuition fee discount is available for international students.
- Refugee and asylum seeker Scholarships: This scholarship includes full tuition fees, accommodation costs and a maintenance bursary of up to £10,000.
- Imperial College India Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships: This is a fully funded scholarship for Indian students looking to study a master’s programme in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Natural Sciences or Imperial College Business School.
- King’s President’s International Scholarships: This is a £10,000 scholarship for international students looking to study on any masters course at King’s.
- Postgraduate International Scholarships: £4,000 for any one-year masters course is available for international students.
- London Business School offers a wide range of scholarships ranging from £20,000 to covering the full tuition fees. Please review the scholarships available at London Business School for more information.
- Graduate Support Scheme: Various scholarships worth £5,000 to £15,000 are available.
- LSE Middle East Centre Emirates Masters Scholarship: £30,000 scholarship is available for students from the Middle East who intend to focus their studies on the Middle East.
- Nationality Scholarships: £1,000 tuition fee discount are offered for students from a number of different countries.
- Dean’s Award for Enterprise: This scholarship includes 90% off your tuition fee plus a support package.
- Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship offers a 20% tuition fee discount.
- 1909 Excellence Award: This scholarship offers £1,909 reduction in tuition fees.
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholarship: A 50% tuition fee discount is available.
- International Bursaries and Merit Awards: A number of scholarships worth up to £5,000 tuition fee discount are available.
- International Postgraduate Scholarships: Scholarships worth £2,000 are on offer.
- Bursary for Postgraduate Taught Courses: Scholarships worth £10,000 are on offer.
- GDAI – MSc Scholarships: 3 fully funded scholarships are available for students from Africa.
- Academic Excellence Scholarships: Scholarships worth £3,000 are available for international students.
- International Student Bursaries: 10 bursaries of £5,000 will be awarded as tuition fee discounts.
- UCL offers a wide range of scholarships for international students. Please use the UCL Scholarship search tool to find suitable scholarships
- Academic Merit Scholarship: Up to £4,000 reduction in tuition fees for international students.
- Nationality Scholarships: Up to £1,000 available for international students from a range of countries.
- Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Postgraduate Taught Scholarship: A 20% tuition fee discount is available to high achieving students.
- International Excellence Scholarship: A £6,000 tuition fee discount is on offer for international students.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate International Scholarships: 10 scholarships worth £25,000 are available for students from low-income countries
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship: Full tuition fees, living expenses and travel costs are covered by the award.
- A number of country-specific and subject-specific scholarships are also available. Check the full list of scholarships offered at the University of Westminster
To begin your search, follow these steps:
- Search the Study London course database for your preferred subject, and save your results.
- When you have a few courses in your shortlist, check the profiles of your selected universities to find out more details.
- Search the scholarships database to see if your preferred universities offer scholarships for international students.
Please note that universities announce new scholarships all the time so continue to check the websites of your favourite universities regularly.
In order to apply for a scholarship, you have to apply for a course at the university first. Read advice on how to apply for a postgraduate course in the UK.
What is the University of London? Many students ask this question. The University of London is quite different to many other universities. It was established in 1836 with its two founding members University College London and King’s College London. Today, it consists of 17 independent colleges and a number of smaller specialist research institutes. Each of […]
Seven British universities are listed among the best in Europe for high-paying jobs in finance, with five of these located in London. Emolument, the company which collected the data on pay, produced a list of 15 European universities whose finance students were paid the most on average since leaving university in 2011. So while this […]
London’s specialist higher education colleges are rated among the best in the world, an in-depth study of academics and employers has found. When trying to decide which university to choose, students often look at university rankings. University rankings can help you to get an initial idea about which universities are top. However, you should always look […]
London Business School has climbed up the Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking, claiming second place in the 2015 table, up from 3rd place in 2014. The ranking is based on a number of factors including alumni salaries, gender diversity and the international spread of students. MBA students from London Business School earned an average of […]
London Business School (LBS) is top of the 2014 FT ranking of European business schools. LBS has been named as the best business schools in Europe based on the schools’ performance in four of the rankings published by the FT each year: MBA, executive MBA, Masters in Management and executive education. The MBA programme at […]
London is the city with the highest number of top rated universities in the world. Five London universities have been ranked in the global 100 best universities, according to the 2014 QS World University Rankings. The highlights for London’s universities include: Imperial College London, in 2nd place, is the highest ranking London university sharing the […]
The 2014 World Reputation Rankings by Times Higher Education list the 100 most prestigious universities in the world. This list features 10 UK universities, with 6 of these located in London! Imperial College London, in 13th place, has the strongest reputation amongst the London universities. This is followed by the London School of Economics and […]
A new website has been launched to promote London to Chinese students. The Mandarin website www.london.cn is the first-ever official Chinese-language, London-focused promotional website. Student services include application advice for Chinese candidates, as well as a full profile of every London university, including facts, testimonials and image galleries. London has more international students than any […]
With more and more women leading the charge in business, now Wendy Alexander, associate dean of London Business School, has joined a list of ‘100 Women to Watch’ in business.