London welcomed the New Year with spectacular fireworks at the London Eye and along the Thames.
At this time of the year, many of us will make resolutions for the next year and hope for a happy, productive and rewarding year ahead. For many students, this time of year is filled with research about course and university options, and excitement about the journey ahead.
If you have big plans to move to London this year to study at one of our 50 universities, we are here to help with application advice, a comprehensive course search and an overview of each university in London. If you need financial help to study in London, you can read our scholarship advice to find out more about funding and scholarship options.
Here is a step-by-step guide to start your journey to London:
- Register with us: It’s free to register and once you are registered, you can contact universities directly through the website. You will also receive a monthly newsletter with application advice and news from London’s universities.
- Search for courses and read the university profiles: You can search for thousands of courses available at universities in London and read the most important information about each university. You can contact each university if you have specific questions.
- Check the entry requirements: We list the general entry requirements for a number of different countries. If your country is not listed, contact your chosen university directly for more information.
- Apply to study in London: Read about the application process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. We have helpful application guides for bachelor, masters and PhD studies.
- Apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa: Learn about the Tier 4 visa requirements to ensure you meet all the requirements when you apply for the visa.
Happy New Year & good luck with your application!
Apply now to join our Warwick Summer School community of international students for an inspirational and unforgettable summer, recommended by 100% of previous Warwick summer school students. Our Summer School courses are three weeks long and aimed at current undergraduates, postgraduates or graduates. Courses are offered in a range of disciplines and include introductory level […]
For international students with a great business idea, universities in London can sponsor students to remain in the UK via a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa. The visa enables them to stay in the UK for up to two years to set up their business*. Study London spoke to Indian graduate Mustafa Khanwala, recently shortlisted […]
If you are starting a degree course at a university in London this September, you haven’t got long now until you pack your bags and set off on your journey to London. There are many questions that will go through your mind when you prepare to travel to London. Here are a few practical tips […]
Image credit: BUILA We’re delighted to hear that Priya Morjaria – a graduate of City, University of London and currently at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine – has just been presented with The Paul Berman Young Leader Award. Priya received the global accolade at the 2nd World Congress of Optometry in Hyderabad, […]
A clear vision for every child – how my London experience is helping me change the world for the better
For Tanzanian-Indian student, Priya Morjaria, accessible eye care for every child is essential. Priya’s experience studying in London is helping her to make this a reality in parts of the world that need it the most. Study London caught up with Priya at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) to find out […]
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings, released today, confirm London remains the higher education capital of the world. London has 4 universities in the global top 40, more than any other city in the world. Imperial College London (8th) and University College London (16th) remain in the top 20 whilst London School of Economics […]
Every summer, many international students successfully apply to study in London via Clearing. Here’s our guide to applying to a London university during Clearing. What is clearing? Clearing is a university application service available for undergraduate students between July and September every year. During the Clearing period, students can apply for courses which still have […]
This week we were at Goldmsiths, University of London catching up with Indian student Rhea Bhandari. In this interview Rhea talks about what inspired her to study Design in London, her advice for other Indian students wanting to study in London, and her aspirations for the future. How did you choose your course and university? […]
German student Katie studied Graphic Design at Central Saint Martins, UAL. Here she shares her advice to prospective students thinking about studying in London. How did you choose your course and university? I was studying on a foundation course at Camberwell College of Arts when we had some faculty from the Graphic Design course at […]