A number of London’s universities offer scholarships for international students looking to study a masters degree to help cover the costs of studying in London.
The list of scholarships below is a small selection of the postgraduate scholarships currently available in London for students who want to start studying in September 2016. Please search the Scholarships Database for a complete list of scholarships available.
- Birkbeck International Merit Scholarships: £4,000 tuition fee discount is available for students from India, Thailand and Vietnam.
- The Brunel International Scholarship: 15% discount on tuition fees is available for international students.
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship: 15% discount on tuition fee is available.
- International Merit Scholarship: Scholarships are worth £1,000 for Masters degrees or £1,500 for MBAs and are awarded based on academic merit.
- Goldsmiths Excellence Fee Waiver: 30% discount on tuition fees is available.
- Goldsmiths International Postgraduate Scholarship: A £5,000 tuition fee discount is available for international students.
- Refugee and asylum seeker Scholarships: This scholarship includes full tuition fees, accommodation costs and a maintenance bursary of up to £10,000.
- Imperial College India Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships: This is a fully funded scholarship for Indian students looking to study a master’s programme in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Natural Sciences or Imperial College Business School.
- King’s President’s International Scholarships: This is a £10,000 scholarship for international students looking to study on any masters course at King’s.
- Postgraduate International Scholarships: £4,000 for any one-year masters course is available for international students.
- London Business School offers a wide range of scholarships ranging from £20,000 to covering the full tuition fees. Please review the scholarships available at London Business School for more information.
- Graduate Support Scheme: Various scholarships worth £5,000 to £15,000 are available.
- LSE Middle East Centre Emirates Masters Scholarship: £30,000 scholarship is available for students from the Middle East who intend to focus their studies on the Middle East.
- Nationality Scholarships: £1,000 tuition fee discount are offered for students from a number of different countries.
- Dean’s Award for Enterprise: This scholarship includes 90% off your tuition fee plus a support package.
- Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship offers a 20% tuition fee discount.
- 1909 Excellence Award: This scholarship offers £1,909 reduction in tuition fees.
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholarship: A 50% tuition fee discount is available.
- International Bursaries and Merit Awards: A number of scholarships worth up to £5,000 tuition fee discount are available.
- International Postgraduate Scholarships: Scholarships worth £2,000 are on offer.
- Bursary for Postgraduate Taught Courses: Scholarships worth £10,000 are on offer.
- GDAI – MSc Scholarships: 3 fully funded scholarships are available for students from Africa.
- Academic Excellence Scholarships: Scholarships worth £3,000 are available for international students.
- International Student Bursaries: 10 bursaries of £5,000 will be awarded as tuition fee discounts.
- UCL offers a wide range of scholarships for international students. Please use the UCL Scholarship search tool to find suitable scholarships
- Academic Merit Scholarship: Up to £4,000 reduction in tuition fees for international students.
- Nationality Scholarships: Up to £1,000 available for international students from a range of countries.
- Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Postgraduate Taught Scholarship: A 20% tuition fee discount is available to high achieving students.
- International Excellence Scholarship: A £6,000 tuition fee discount is on offer for international students.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate International Scholarships: 10 scholarships worth £25,000 are available for students from low-income countries
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship: Full tuition fees, living expenses and travel costs are covered by the award.
- A number of country-specific and subject-specific scholarships are also available. Check the full list of scholarships offered at the University of Westminster
To begin your search, follow these steps:
- Search the Study London course database for your preferred subject, and save your results.
- When you have a few courses in your shortlist, check the profiles of your selected universities to find out more details.
- Search the scholarships database to see if your preferred universities offer scholarships for international students.
Please note that universities announce new scholarships all the time so continue to check the websites of your favourite universities regularly.
In order to apply for a scholarship, you have to apply for a course at the university first. Read advice on how to apply for a postgraduate course in the UK.
University College London (UCL), one of the world’s leading universities, has established a new School of Management, replacing the Department of Management Science and Innovation. The new School will expand UCL’s research and teaching in business and management, with a focus on innovation, technology management, analytics and entrepreneurship. From September 2016, new programmes will be […]
London is a global hub for technology innovation, entrepreneurship and creative talent. London Technology Week, which takes place from 15th – 21st June, is a week of face-to-face events bringing together tech specialists and enthusiasts from around the world to discuss the latest development. In 2014, more than 40,000 people from over 40 countries came […]
London’s specialist higher education colleges are rated among the best in the world, an in-depth study of academics and employers has found. When trying to decide which university to choose, students often look at university rankings. University rankings can help you to get an initial idea about which universities are top. However, you should always look […]
Hong Kong’s Education Bureau has announced a scholarship scheme worth HK$347,965,000 (US$44.86m) that will provide 100 students with full tuition scholarships to study at world renowned universities. Students in receipt of the scholarships will be expected to return to work in Hong Kong after graduating. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic […]
London tops the list of cities searched for by US students looking to study abroad. A new report released by Google research reveals that London is the most searched for city on the internet by US students looking to study overseas. “Universities in London” is the most popular term among all generic searches made by […]
Times Higher Education has ranked universities around the world according to their international outlook. The ranking looks at how international the universities are. This is important as international networks and collaborations help universities to attract the best academics and the brightest students. The ranking measured each university’s international student numbers, its percentage of international staff […]
London has the greatest concentration of first class universities of any city in the world, according to a prestigious ranking of higher education institutions. In the Times Higher Education rankings, London has four universities in the top 40, more than any other city. London also has seven universities in the top 200, which is the […]
London is the city with the highest number of top rated universities in the world. Five London universities have been ranked in the global 100 best universities, according to the 2014 QS World University Rankings. The highlights for London’s universities include: Imperial College London, in 2nd place, is the highest ranking London university sharing the […]
After the success of the London 2012 Olympics, the site of the Olympic Games is now being transformed into a vibrant new quarter of London. Several universities are involved in making this part of London an exciting hub for education and innovation. The University of East London and Birkbeck, University of London, have already opened […]