6 London institutions amongst the most prestigious universities in the world

Reputation image

The 2014 World Reputation Rankings by Times Higher Education list the 100 most prestigious universities in the world. This list features 10 UK universities, with 6 of these located in London!

Imperial College London, in 13th place, has the strongest reputation amongst the London universities. This is followed by the London School of Economics and Political Science (24th place), University College London (25th place) and King’s College London (43rd place). In addition to these, two smaller, specialised institutions are gaining significant global recognition: London Business School and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine have both joined the ranking.

The ranking has been compiled using survey responses received from over 10,000 senior academics working within higher education. A strong global reputation is essential for universities’ success, attracting bright students and renowned academics from around the world.

The reputation of a university is one of the most important factors considered by international students when choosing where to study, often regarded as more important than tuition fees and course content. Of course you want to study an interesting course, but you also want your family, friends and future employers to recognise the university you have studied hard at.

With 6 of the world’s most prestigious institutions located in London, more than in any other city, international students have a choice of world-class institutions in one of the most exciting cities on the globe. There are 45 universities in London overall, offering over 30,000 courses.

To find the right course for you, start your search using the course search.

14 comments on “6 London institutions amongst the most prestigious universities in the world

  1. Aakash Kumar Soothar says:

    sir I want this scholarship please tell about scholarships in UK

  2. Onyango Robert Otieno says:

    I hold Diploma and Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from City & Guilds, Am I able to join and do a Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?

    • Study London says:

      Hi there, it depends on what other qualifications you did before your Diploma and the grades you achieved. I would suggest you find a course that you are interested in using the course search and then contact the university for clarification.

  3. OMOR FARUK says:

    i would like to study in London in bsc engineering in the department of automotive.
    now i liked to know that what i need. is the ielts most essential??

    • Study London says:

      Hi Omor, you can find all the courses on offer in London by using the course search. The requirements depend on where you are from. We have a number of country-specific entry requirements listing in our Your Country section. And yes, IELTS or an equivalent English Language certificate is necessary for international students who are not from an English speaking country. You can find information on this here.

  4. OMOR FARUK says:

    can i stay here after complete the course..and how i got??

    • Study London says:

      You will be able to stay after you graduate if you find a job that meets the requirements for a new visa. We have some advice about working during and after your studies here.

  5. kebebew says:

    I am BSC degree graduate in the field of Nursing and now I am want to continue my master program, please help how can I enroll your University? I am looking foreword for you answer!!!

  6. Awi says:

    What are the chances to get job and to settle in london for international students after completion of thier masters? I have completed my BE in computer Science and now looking for MSc in computer Science from an good reputed University which are in my budget. Like City, Brunel, Queen marry or greenwich. Could you please help me to find good(Budget) university in london.

    • Study London says:

      Hello, the Tier 2 (General) Visa is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a recognised UK university. In order to apply for the visa, you must have an offer of a job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,300. The tuition fees vary for each university. You can use the course search to find courses you are interested in and view the tuition fees. If this is not listed, you can use the ‘contact’ button on the course listing to contact the university directly for more information.

  7. minni says:

    Hello,i m a student at London school of business and finance…I have checked ukba yesterday revoked my college…I have holiday letter and everything..but at the moment I m in india.they will create any problem..or I can just go their…pls reply asap

Search Courses

Course Type:

Advanced Search

Register to download our free Study in London guidebook.

Register now ×