London Best for UK Graduate Salaries

Mortar Board World Record for London University Students

London has 8 universities in the top 10 UK universities with the best graduate salaries, including all of the top five places. Only the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge can compete.

“Study in London for big salaries,” was the headline in UK national newspaper The Daily Telegraph, which reported the findings of the graduate survey. Studying in a global city has many advantages, including close links to employers and a large pool of jobs to choose from when you graduate.

Proof that a degree from a London university will boost your CV and your earning potential.

Top Ten Universities for Graduate Starting Salaries

  1. London School of Economics (£28,968)
  2. Imperial College London (£28,831)
  3. St George’s, University of London(£27,015)
  4. University College London (£25,020)
  5. Royal Veterinary College (£24,936)
  6. University of Cambridge (£24,926)
  7. King’s College London (£24,798)
  8. University of Oxford (£24,773)
  9. Queen Mary, University of London (£23,961)
  10. City University London (£23, 674)
Source: Daily Telegraph


120 comments on “London Best for UK Graduate Salaries

  1. Amule Moses says:

    Looking for scholarship to study in your university.

  2. Haisam Sham says:

    I have completed Computer Science and Engineering. Now, I like to study MBA in London. I wanted to know about the universities and courses.

  3. jibuike Angela says:

    I like geogries london schools but wonder if they offer courses of my choice like nursing

  4. arslan says:


  5. Thazir Ahlem says:

    any scholarships for the algerian students

  6. Jigar says:

    Hello I have done
    Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)from university of pune in india nd now im planning to do any masters degree course in united kingdom(London) of information technology fields so I want to know criteria/information for that

  7. Mollika Roy says:

    I have completed my honors in psychology.I am looking for a scholarship for for my post graduate,M.phil.

  8. Maximilian sarakikya says:

    am third year student in Sokoine University of Agriculture taking Bsc.agriculture education in Tanzania and i want to join masters in things related to economics but i have no scholarship

  9. Mutongole Haawa says:

    i am completing my degree in in may 2013, i also want to get a scholarship to study in London to upgrade my degree in Uganda

  10. Abel E. Mlelwa says:

    I love to study in the UK. The issue here is funding my studies. is it easy to have the scholarships?

  11. Abhishek Patil says:

    I am BA Geography student from India.. SO for Physical geography which courses are availbe in london universities for which i am elgible?

  12. zainab says:

    Hello.. I’ve studied Pharm-D from Pakistan with good grade points. Please help me find the best universitry offering Masters in clinical pharmacology (research programme). Also give me details about scholarship.
    Thank u 🙂

    • Study London says:

      Hi Zainab,

      You can search for London universities offering postgraduate courses in pharmacology on our website, and we also have information about applying for London university scholarships here [].

      Hope that helps!

  13. Mariam says:

    Engineer in Biotechnology and plant breeding from high Institute of Agronomic and Veterinary studies Hassan II in Rabat/Morocco (master advanced), have more than 3 years of experience in Seed Sector as a Director of Moroccan Seed and Plant Association in Morocco (Professionnal organization). I am planning to do do a master and continue my studies in one of London universities.
    i am asking if there any oppotunity what are the steps i must follow to apply for such as scholarship and to apply for a doctoral thesis? what are terms of admissions?

  14. mustapha wali says:

    Hello ihave studied microbiology from nigeria.Is ther any university offering postgraduate scholarship in health safety and e enviroment. If yes how?

  15. prabhakar says:

    im pursuing 3rd and final year from exter UG course . what are opportunities to work for a year in uk because I would like to pursue master course in London

    • Study London says:

      There are thousands of part-time student jobs in London to help support your studies. Many universities have work placement centres to help you find employment.

      If you study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, international students are allowed to work part-time during term for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the holidays. If your course is a lower level then you can work for up to 10 hours a week.

      Our guide and blog post about working while studying in London.

  16. mayor says:

    Hi. I ve a bsc degree on computer science from nigeria. Want to pursue another bsc degree on an IT related course in one of d universities stated above. Want to know if it possible to start a third year with my degree through direct entry. And if its possible,which of the schools accept that? Thanks

  17. Husna says:

    Hello, I would like to pursue my master in the UK that focusing on International law and legal drafting to enhance my skills as a government officer. Could you give me advice to which university I will attend? Thank you…:)

  18. Hari hara sudhan says:

    I am eager to study in Uk could you please give me advice on which course is preferable for undergraduate course is BSC(SOFTWARE SYSTEMS)and i would like to move in management.please suggest me.

  19. Radheshyam says:

    I am medical graduate from Nepal, and very much interested in research in tropical medicine. If i could manage the tuition fee, what is the possibility of getting part time job for generating living expenses?

  20. Rehmat wali says:

    Hey! Iam want study in london universities but i do pakistan and then i want BBS in london.please cosult me thanks..

  21. Omar says:

    Can I get a job as a foreigner after completing MBA from London? Previous degree from Bangladesh (Graduate in Fisheries and Masters in Aquaculture)

    • Study London says:

      All non-EU students who wish to remain in the UK after they have graduated must apply for a work visa from the UK Border Agency. There are three main visas you can apply for as a London graduate:

      Tier 2 (General) Visa. This is primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a recognised UK university. Before you apply you must have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,000.
      Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is open to students who are in the process of developing a world-class innovative idea. This visa allows you stay in the UK and develop your business. To qualify as an entrepreneur you must be sponsored by your university.
      Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa is for world-leading talent in the fields of science, engineering and the arts.

  22. Baladhandayuthabani says:

    i got an offer for MBA course (Mode : Full-time) in University of Sunderland- London campus .. can i work while studying and can i get job/stay in London after MBA graduation?

    • Study London says:

      Hello! Congratulations on receiving your offer! The Tier 4 student visa normally allows international students to work up to 20 hours per week during their studies. With regards to working after you graduate, the main visa options for MBA students are Tier 1 and Tier 2 visas. For more details, take a look at our web page explaining your options to work while and after you study.

  23. Mohit Bahl says:

    I am from India and i will complete my XII in this year and i want to study in london as a computer science student.. In university of oxford. But dont know how i will be selected and how to choose the best college for this. And what will be the entrance requirements and get the study visa in which i can work even at London

    • Study London says:

      Hi Mohit, the University of Oxford is not located in London and therefore we cannot provide detailed information on it. However, to apply for a Bachelor degree at any UK university, you have to apply through a website called UCAS. Take a look at the ‘How to Apply‘ section for more information. Entry requirements vary for each university, but we provide a general application guide for Indian students which should help. Finally, once you have been accepted at a university, you can apply for the Tier 4 student visa. This visa will allow you to work during your studies.

  24. Vipin says:

    I hve completed my UG studies i want to do MBA in marketing in london do university in london get me placement after my graudation complete will i be able to stay in london

    • Study London says:

      Hi, there are a number of universities that offer MBA courses. Please note that you will normally be required to have at least three years work experience before applying. With regards to finding employment after your studies, MBA students do very well finding employment. However, there is no guarantee. The UK government has established a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa which allows MBA students to stay and work for one year after graduating. Take a look at our working visa advice section for more information.

      • Vipin says:

        I have decided to join MA in international business dual award at greenwhich university . What is the visa period for that course is intenship paid or not paid. Do i hve to pay for intenship. The course is done in london and france what visa will i get and which country visa will i get london or france .

  25. John says:

    I’ve finished law school in a EU country and I’m interested in a change – masters + a job during + afterwards. Any chance I can get into a law / legal domain !?

    • Study London says:

      Hello John, if your law qualification is equivalent to a Bachelor degree you can apply for most Master’s courses. Some universities have specific subject requirements, but many just ask that you have successfully completed a Bachelor degree with good grades. If you are an EU citizen, there will be no restrictions on your work during and after your studies. If you are from outside the EU, you will be able to work up to 20 hours per week during your studies and after graduating, you will need to apply for a different visa to enable you to stay. More information on this can be found on our Working while studying page.

  26. […] have links with these universities, offering placements and advertising jobs. According to, London has eight of the top ten UK universities with the highest starting salaries for […]

  27. Guna says:

    I finished Mechanical Engineering and I decided to pursue Masters in Automotive Engineering in London. I want to know about the scope for placement after graduation in UK. BTW I’m Non-EU. TIA

    • Study London says:

      Hello, the Tier 2 (General) Visa is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a recognised UK university. In order to apply you must have an offer of a job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,300.

  28. fatima says:

    i finish my bachelor in architecture and i would like to study mba in the same major ,could u plz help me out

  29. vignesh raja says:

    i have got university of bristol for masters it good for job prospects because bristol was not on the top of the 10 universities listed above?how can i extend my visa after graduation for job search?

    • Study London says:

      Hello, as Bristol is not located in London I do not have information on the employment success of their graduates. However, you can contact the University of Bristol directly who should be able to give you the statistics. With regards to your job search, you will have approximately 4 months after you graduate to find a job (depending on your Tier 4 visa end date). However, there are other options too, for example if you want to set up your own business. You can read more about the work visa options here.

  30. Ram Joshi says:

    Hi! This is Ram. I have been admitted to the UCL for a MSc course. Can you give me your opinion on job opportunities and more importantly job security?

    • Study London says:

      Hello Ram, congratulations on your offer to study at UCL. UCL is an excellent university with a great reputation all around the world. In the recent Guardian League table (which compared UK universities), UCL was ranked 7th best for graduate employment. Of course, the chances of your employment depend on which course you are going to study. If you require a visa to be in the UK, you can read about the work visa options and requirements. Enjoy your studies & your time in London!

  31. eeLin says:

    Hi, I’m graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with BSc (HON) Degree in Quantity Surveying. May I know what courses I can choose from for MSc studies?

    • Study London says:

      Hello, you can use the course search to find courses that you might be interested in. You can then contact the universities directly to ask whether they will consider your application with your BCs in Quantity Surveying. Some universities are happy for students to change fields while others require specific subjects for their masters courses. You will need to check directly with the universities to find out more.

  32. anjali says:

    Am from india and i have completed my graduation and want to do MBA in london please help me to know the total expenses and fee structure of your college and how can i apply here and what are the qualifications you need to select

    • Study London says:

      Hello Anjali, the costs for MBAs can vary greatly across the different universities in London. Please use the course search to find relevant MBA courses and click on the course to see the relevant tuition fees. You can also read our Application Advice for information on how to apply to a university. Good luck!

  33. Razat Malik says:

    hi i am razat malik. i have taken admission in queen mary university of london. the course that i would be studying is MSc biomedical engineering. i wanted to know what are the job prospects for a biomedical engineer in london. thank you

    • Study London says:

      Hello Razat, congratulations on receiving your offer to study at Queen Mary University of London. Queen Mary is a highly regarded university which actively supports students in the job search. In order to enhance your employment chances, I would suggest you try to secure an internship in the industry you want to work in. Queen Mary advertises job and work experience opportunities on its website: Once you arrive in London, you can make an appointment with a careers advisor to discuss your options.

  34. priya says:

    Is imperial clg of london good for ms in cs?which r other top university in uk.what is starting salary if ms from uk

    • Study London says:

      Hi Priya, Imperial College London is one of the top universities in the UK and in the world. With regards to starting salaries, you could contact Imperial directly to see if they have any information on this for their graduates.

  35. Bhaskar Jyoti Dutta says:

    Hi, I have total work experience of 3 years and 6 months. I have done MBA in the HR specialization from Tamil Nadu(India), I was working for an insurance company in London after completing graduation. Now I am working as a Asst. Manager in a private organization in India. Could you let me know what are the suitable jobs in London that suits with my academic qualifications and work experience?

  36. chirag kotadiya says:

    I’m currunt student of middlesex university london and my course is BA (Hons) Business Management. Tell me whats the possibility of job after completing my course in london?? Can I setup my own business in london??

    • Study London says:

      Hi Chirag, you should be able to make an appointment with the careers centre at the Middlesex University to talk through your options. If you are in the UK on a Tier 4 visa, the two main options for you to stay in the UK and work after graduating are as follows:

      Option 1: Tier 2 (General) Visa – This is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a recognised UK university. Before you apply you must have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,300.

      Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa – This visa option is open to talented students who are developing a world-class business idea and are looking to set up a business in the UK. You will need to be identified and sponsored by your university as having the potential to create your own business in the UK. Speak to your university about this option to find out if they have any specific requirements and what you need to do to be sponsored.

  37. vikram says:

    i want to know the work oppournity after completing master in international business from hult college , london n placement detail n work during study

    • Study London says:

      Hi Vikram, you should speak to Hult International Business School directly to see what connections they have to the industry you are interested in and if there are placement opportunities through the university.

  38. Dario says:

    I am considering to enroll in a 1yr MSc at Imperial College. It will be kind of a sabbatical year from work. We would like to enjoy the experience as family (wife and 4 kids). Would you please provide advise on housing and schools?

    • Study London says:

      Hello Dario, as a postgraduate students your family will be able to come to the UK with you as your dependants. Each family member has to apply for a dependant visa. You can find more information about this here. With regards to housing, what kind of information are you looking for? Universities do not normally offer any housing for families so you will need to rent privately. Some universities have contacts with private landlords so Imperial may be able to help you find something. I would suggest you contact the Accommodation office at Imperial direct to see how they can help (; Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 9444). Your children will be able to go to school here. Once you know where you will live (or where you would like to live) you can contact the local council of the borough to find out more about all the schools available and the application process. If you are looking for independent (private) schools for your children, you can just contact them directly.

  39. Arun Pandiyan says:

    What about middlesex university??

  40. Arun Pandiyan says:

    am from india and i would like to do M.A International business management in middlesex university is it a good university to study if no means suggest me some universities near tooting. . . . .

  41. Kirthi says:

    Hi, Im from India and Im 32. Is it a good age to take up a Masters degree in Data Science? I’m in talks with University of Dundee for this course which starts in Jan 2015. And also, will I get a job if I have a MSc in Data science in UK? what is the job market for Data science skilled candidates

    • Study London says:

      Hi Kirthi, as we can only advise students who are looking to study in London, I do not have any information on the University of Dundee. Generally in the UK, you will find many mature students studying masters courses. You could ask the university for the average age of students on the course if you are concerned about this. The department should also be able to provide you with information about job prospects for graduates.

  42. Filis Cheimaria says:

    Hi!My name is Filis.I have a degree in Chemistry.I studied in Greece.I would like some info about postgraduate programs that offer job while studying

    • Study London says:

      Hi Filis, are you a Greek national? As an EU student you can work in the UK without restriction. There are no postgraduate degrees which guarantee a job while studying, but your university can help you find a part-time job once you have arrived. You could also contact some of the universities you are interested in before you apply to find out what connections they have to the industry you want to work in. You can find a list of Chemistry postgraduate courses here.

  43. vikram says:

    hi my name is going to join bedfordshire for masters in march 2015.i want to know about visa extension.and job opportunities and part time jobs..

    • Study London says:

      Hi Vikram, you can find out more about the requirements for the Tier 4 student visa here. Normally, international students who are studying at a recognised institution are able to work up to 20 hours per work during term time and full-time during term holidays. You can read more about the working rules for students here.

  44. ronith says:

    hi. I am ronith and I am planning to do my mba at greenwich university. could u pls let me know the grade/stand of the university in london and the job opportunities

    • Study London says:

      Hello Ronith, the University of Greenwich is a well-known and respected university in London. With regards to their MBA programme, I would recommend you contact the department directly to find out about internship opportunities, graduate employment rates and starting salaries as we do not have this information. London is a great place for MBA students to secure internships and part-time work in a number of different sectors, but if your university already has connections with certain companies this might make it easier for you.

  45. Jyotika says:


    I am in final year of my graduation, pursuing BBS specialization in HRM. I have applied for few universities for the masters “MSc in International HRM, MSc in HRM & MA in HRM” are the couses i applied for. Can you please tell me about the job scope for an HR fresher in UK and what would be the approx starting salary.


    • Study London says:

      Hello, unfortunately we don’t have this information but you can ask the universities you have applied to. They should have an idea of how well their graduates are doing and what their starting salaries are. This would be a good indication of what you can expect.

  46. Sara says:


    I am currently working in Dubai, UAE at a governmental agency and I am interested in pursuing an MBA in management in London. I would like to know what are the universities that provide the best job prospects in London for international students in todays economy? (I am Moroccan). Thank you

    • Study London says:

      Hi Sara, it would be best if you contacted the MBA departments you are interested in directly as they should be able to provide you with employment statistics for their graduates. You can search for MBA courses offered in London on our course database

  47. Titas biswas says:

    i want to study Biomedical Science in UCLAN or London Metropolitan University
    in The 2016 year . For which i need full scholarship of my Tution Fees
    i checked The Website of those two universities but i did not found any information about the full Scholarship…
    I need an info
    please Help me

    • Study London says:

      Hello, the scholarships which are offered by universities change every year. At the moment, they will only be able to tell you which scholarships are available for entry in 2015 but not for 2016 yet. I would recommend you contact the universities again in September this year as the scholarships for 2016 will be set around that time.

  48. nirmala thapa says:

    hi i am nirmala, i will complete bachelor science this year from nepal .i am planning to do degree in science education in london
    .there is any oppurtiunity to study in full scholorship?

  49. Eman says:

    Any scholarhips for kings college London undergraduate students from Pakistan?

  50. Jeeva says:


    I am an International student

    I have to choose from University of Glasgow, University of Leicester , University of Exeter , Royal Holloway and Queen Mary. I have offers from above universities . Which university will be more suitable for me to get high salaried employment?

    • Study London says:

      Hello Jeeva, congratulations on all your offers! I would recommend that you contact each of these universities to find out about the graduate starting salaries for graduates from your specific subject area. An overall figure for the university may be very different to your specific subject, so it’s best to ask if the universities have more detailed information.

  51. Malik Waqas Khan says:

    its my dream to be a student in london.

  52. Aman says:

    Sir,I am currently pursuing engineering in my 3rd year and I want to do MBA in finance next year.Please guide me for the best universities and guaranteed job that can I have after doing it.

  53. Sim says:

    Hey! I have obtained a degree in International Trade and Marketing with lower second-class honours. Can I still get a scholarship?

    • Study London says:

      Hi Sim, most scholarships are based on academic achievement so students with high grades tend to have better chances. When you search for scholarships, the requirements will be clearly stated so you will know whether you can apply.

  54. Bhagyashree says:

    Hi my name is Bhagyashree. i have completed my bbmib degree. i have got offer letter from Birmingham and Nottingham Trent university . I have applied for University of chester and central lancashire. I want to know which university is good as i have seen ranking on websites but want to know the real facts.

    • Study London says:

      Hello, as this is the Study London website we are only able to provide information on universities in London. All the universities you have applied to are outside of London. You can try searching on The Student Room where students discuss universities from all over the UK.

  55. anupreeth says:

    hi iam doing bsc computer science and tech in srm chennai in may 2016 i’ll complete it and iam planning to do ms in uk..i’ve selected 2 courses i.e cyber security and IT field..which one this has a good value in uk?

    • Study London says:

      Hello, I would suggest you contact the universities you are interested in to find out about their connections to employers and the graduate employment rate for the courses

  56. […] 8. Amazing graduate starting salaries: London has eight of the top ten UK universities with the best starting salaries for graduates. […]

  57. zehra says:

    im zehra from india i hv completed bsc in radiology. i want to study and work in London.. can u plz suggest me some universities whr i can study n work.. n do i need some work experience..? Regards

    • Study London says:

      Hi Zehra, as long as you are taking a full degree course at a recognised UK university you will be able to work up to 20 hour per week during your studies. Use the course search to find relevant courses on offer in London. All of the universities on our website are fully accredited and recognised.

  58. Shaista says:

    I m doing MSC in analytical chemistry.which uni is best for me in London for further studies?

  59. Dupe says:

    Which of these schools offer postgraduate oil and gas engineering related courses

  60. suresh says:

    I have only 56% in b.tch in EEE course may I eligible to London to study there

  61. A kumar says:

    I am currently studying ACCA LEVEL 3 in Mauritius and I would complete it by June 2016 and I would like to pursue a MSC degree in Finance in UK and I am considering which University to enrolled for and I should be very grateful if you could give me an advice and I would like to know if my ACCA qualification would be enough for me to land on Accountancy job.

    • Study London says:

      Hello, you can use the course search to see which universities in London offer MSc Finance. You can then do some research about these universities and contact them for information on how they help their graduates find relevant jobs.

Search Courses

Course Type:

Advanced Search

Register to download our free Study in London guidebook.

Register now ×