Spend your summer training with the world’s leading youth theatre while exploring London’s illustrious theatre scene.
From the hottest Hamilton tickets, to pop up shows on the Southbank, London boasts some of the world’s most iconic theatrical experiences. Peppered with hit performances and surprises across over 200 theatres, the capital makes the perfect place to spend a summer soaking it all up.
Alongside a plethora of shows and backstage tours the National Youth Theatre are inviting a group of young people to work with their industry based associates across three weeks. As well and seeing some of the best shows in town, you will also take part in a three week course developing your talent with some of the profession’s top theatremakers, and even get the chance to perform on a West End stage in the heart of ‘Theatreland’.
The National Youth Theatre was established in 1956 as the first youth theatre in the world. Over the past 62 years they have nurtured the talent of hundreds of thousands of young people and proved to be an influential starting point for many famous alumni, including Helen Mirren, Daniel Craig, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Hugh Bonneville to name a few. As well as showcasing some of the UK’s most prolific performers the National Youth Theatre continue to platform young talent in leading venues across the UK and all over the globe.
- Be a part of the action this summer and enjoy everything the capital has to offer alongside developing your performance technique.
NYT’s top five things to do in London this summer
- Regent Park Open Air Theatre – Every summer this alfresco theatre provides the perfect evening of entertainment in the heart of one of London’s most loved outdoor space. This year you can expect Peter Pan, Little Shop of Horrors, As You Like It and The Turn Of The Screw.
- Southbank Summertime Festival – Soak up the atmosphere and amble along the Thames and you won’t miss this lively free festival celebrating visual art and interactive installations. You’ll also find a tasty lunch in the nearby food market with a choice of light bites from around the world.
- Hampstead Heath –Nestled amongst hilly North London, enjoy beautiful views and even brave a swim in the ponds.
- Rooftop Film Club – Catch the London skyline along with your favourite movie of 2018 or a classic at these great little pop up cinemas in Shoreditch, Peckham and Stratford.
- Park life – London boasts some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces,which are often filled with open air events and shows. Head to Greenwich Park to see the city skyline from the south, a view spectacled with London’s historical gems and latest landmarks.
Times Higher Education have today released a new ranking of cities with the highest concentration of elite universities, based on the THE World University Rankings. London has the largest number of top 500 universities within a city and comes joint first when looking at the top 200 universities. There are 15 London universities in the top 500 and six universities in the top 200. […]
Paulina moved to London to study MSc Emerging Economies and International Development at King’s College London. Here, she tells us more about why she chose to study at KCL and her experiences so far, including working at the King’s Entrepreneurship Institute and being invited to attend Buckingham Palace’s Garden tea party in the summer. Why did […]
What better way to experience a flavour of life on the SOAS campus than to enrol on a summer school course?
SOAS offers a wide range of courses during the summer months, from intensive academic courses aimed at giving undergraduates the opportunity to enhance their current curriculum, to fun and innovative courses in music and world languages designed for students from all backgrounds and levels. The Academic Summer School offers students the chance to gain a […]
Experience a summer in London at a global top 10 university whilst building your international network and expanding your business knowledge and skills. Our Summer School courses, taught by world-class faculty and inspired by cutting-edge research, give you the opportunity to enhance you CV by developing your knowledge and practical skills. We offer five courses […]
Come to Kingston University London this summer and experience university life in a relaxed and friendly environment. Courses include a range of subject areas offering innovative teaching with practical sessions and field trips. Your varied schedule will include fun social events and opportunity to explore and enjoy London’s landmark sights and attractions. What’s on […]
The QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018 confirmed London as the world’s leading city for top ranked universities. London’s universities feature amongst the best universities in the world in many of the subject categories, including in the Arts & Humanities, Life Sciences and Medicine, Accounting & Finance and Business & Management Studies, amongst others. […]
Take your place this summer at Imperial College London’s World Challenges and Innovation summer school. This two-week experience for undergraduate students in the final two years of study promises to fire your imagination and open your mind to the potential that can be unleashed when the world’s brightest minds work together to solve a problem. […]
On Wednesday 14 March, 200 university students from across London are embarking on a unique 12-hour entrepreneurial journey. 6 iconic Routemaster buses are transporting students studying subjects as diverse as fashion, computer science, medicine and law, to 30 of London’s top innovation hubs for talks, workshops and behind the scenes tours. Stops on the 6 […]
#BehindEveryGreatCity With 2018 marking 100 years since British women were first granted the vote, London is celebrating! Parliament Square is to see its first statue of a woman – a life-sized model of suffragist Millicent Fawcett. There are exhibitions, open air events, talks and activities all over London, most free to take part in – […]