Spend your summer training with the world’s leading youth theatre while exploring London’s illustrious theatre scene.
From the hottest Hamilton tickets, to pop up shows on the Southbank, London boasts some of the world’s most iconic theatrical experiences. Peppered with hit performances and surprises across over 200 theatres, the capital makes the perfect place to spend a summer soaking it all up.
Alongside a plethora of shows and backstage tours the National Youth Theatre are inviting a group of young people to work with their industry based associates across three weeks. As well and seeing some of the best shows in town, you will also take part in a three week course developing your talent with some of the profession’s top theatremakers, and even get the chance to perform on a West End stage in the heart of ‘Theatreland’.
The National Youth Theatre was established in 1956 as the first youth theatre in the world. Over the past 62 years they have nurtured the talent of hundreds of thousands of young people and proved to be an influential starting point for many famous alumni, including Helen Mirren, Daniel Craig, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Hugh Bonneville to name a few. As well as showcasing some of the UK’s most prolific performers the National Youth Theatre continue to platform young talent in leading venues across the UK and all over the globe.
- Be a part of the action this summer and enjoy everything the capital has to offer alongside developing your performance technique.
NYT’s top five things to do in London this summer
- Regent Park Open Air Theatre – Every summer this alfresco theatre provides the perfect evening of entertainment in the heart of one of London’s most loved outdoor space. This year you can expect Peter Pan, Little Shop of Horrors, As You Like It and The Turn Of The Screw.
- Southbank Summertime Festival – Soak up the atmosphere and amble along the Thames and you won’t miss this lively free festival celebrating visual art and interactive installations. You’ll also find a tasty lunch in the nearby food market with a choice of light bites from around the world.
- Hampstead Heath –Nestled amongst hilly North London, enjoy beautiful views and even brave a swim in the ponds.
- Rooftop Film Club – Catch the London skyline along with your favourite movie of 2018 or a classic at these great little pop up cinemas in Shoreditch, Peckham and Stratford.
- Park life – London boasts some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces,which are often filled with open air events and shows. Head to Greenwich Park to see the city skyline from the south, a view spectacled with London’s historical gems and latest landmarks.